Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The 'Flat Tire' Birthday Ride


Since my Dad's in town and it was my birthday, we got him a bike for the day and went on a nice ride down south. Thanks to 'Moto Quest' in Long Beach for the great rental BMW. We logged a total of 300 miles across Ortega Highway, over to Mt. Palomar, back around to Temecula and somehow back home. Somehow, because on top of Mt. Palomar and right after the lunch break my rear tire was flat as a pancake. Fortunately I noticed the flat before the tire disintegrated on me, and even more fortunate my good friend Alan brought a tire fix kit along. Needless to say, that saved the day...and a good one it was.
Shout out at this point to http://www.motoquest.com/motorcycle-rental/long-beach-california-5 for being so cool with us delivering the bike past the deadline. That flat set us back by almost an hour. You guys made our day, and massive thanks Dad and Alan!

Our route
My Dad, me and the bikes. The GS is twice the size of my bike!

Lake Elsinore, in need of some water!
Lunch time

All good after lunch

View towards San Diego from Mt. Palomar
Only minutes later...FLAT

Yep...









Back on the road, Lake Henshaw from East Grande Road

NERDS


No comments:

Post a Comment